Friday 27 January 2017

Jan 2017 - First Smalls post of the new year!

It's a new year with a clean slate and an entire year of small finishes awaiting me! Thank you once more to Heather for continuing to lead us in this wonderful group! I find it is a great way to motivate myself to complete my small projects.

 I chose this month's design to welcome in the new year. I wanted a few small stitched pieces to display once the Christmas finishes were put to rest until next year. The design I chose is by The Stitcherhood. From my picture I think you can guess the title of the design!


The original for this design was stitched using black floss but I decided to add a little colour and stitched this in a lovely shade of blue by Caron Waterlilies called Charcoal. I love stitching with silks! The fabric is called Denim Days from Dixie Sampler Hand Dyed Fabrics and the floss complements it nicely!

That's all I've had time for this month. I'm also stitching on two larger designs which you will be able to see in some of my other posts throughout the year. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you have been up to!

10 comments:

  1. I really love it on the blue and I think it looks more like winter stitching than black floss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish, Lynn! I love your fabric and fiber combination. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great start to your 2017 smalls.
    I like the color change.
    Congrats on your finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely little finish for January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely clean and simple finish. It says what it means :)
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! Love the color choice as well Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn: I too change threads colors often, to me it seems designers like to use black threads often.
    This looks like a lovely design.
    I am looking forward to seeing your larger projects.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice finish for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a Wonderful Design. Love your change of color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful finish, Lynn!The floss and fabric colors are lovely together!

    ReplyDelete

Labels